Are you looking for the best online dollar store? If you’re in a hurry, shopping online is one of the most convenient ways to buy items, especially if you’re looking for the best deals.
Fortunately, online dollar stores make it easier than ever to save money on all of your purchases without even driving to the store. Who wouldn’t want to buy everything they need for just $1 an item?
However, with so many online dollar stores, how do you know which one is truly the best? Which items can you get the best deal on at each dollar store?
According to Statista, there were nearly 35,000 dollar stores across the U.S. in 2020 alone.
So, if you’re asking yourself these questions, you’re in the right place. In this post, we’ll discuss the 14 best online dollar stores, which items are best to purchase at each one, answer frequently asked questions, and more.
Tip: Make sure you’re using a cash back app like the Capital One browser extension to save even more money. This cash back app will automatically add any available discount codes to your purchases.
Is There Online Dollar Stores?
Yes, there are online dollar stores, such as Dollar Tree and Dollar General. In fact, there are many that we are not including in our list. For the purpose of this post, we will only be discussing the top 14.
Best Online Dollar Stores
Here is a list of the 14 best online dollar stores, including which items are best to purchase at each. Some also have brick-and-mortar locations, while others don’t.
Note: Not every online dollar store on our list sells every item for exactly $1. However, most of them do sell many of their items for just $1.99 or less.
1. Dollar General
- Pros: App that offers a huge section of sales, discounts and rebates – save 5% on recurring purchases with DG Auto Deliver
- Cons: Most items cost more than $1 – some items are only available in store
- Best Deals: Clothing, beauty products, school and office, toys, auto
- Shipping: Starts at $4.99 – free for orders over $25 (DG Auto deliver)
Dollar General may just be the best online dollar store. It is also one of the most popular, as it has over 16,000 physical locations across more than 45 states. In fact, it’s highly likely you live by one.
While not all items are just $1, most are less $7. When you shop at Dollar General online, you will get access to coupons, ads, and their sale items. Unlike some dollar stores on our list, you can also buy items individually instead of bulk.
Furthermore, you will receive a 5% discount if you use the DG Auto Deliver program. With the DG Auto Deliver program, orders greater than $25 will receive free shipping.
However, you can also pick up your order at a local Dollar General for free.
Once you receive your order, you have up to 30 days to exchange or return items. If you do decide to return an item, you can either drop it off at a local Dollar General or ship it.
Keep in mind that if you do return an item, you won’t receive a refund for the original shipping cost.
2. Dollar Tree
- Pros: Wide selection of holiday and seasonal decor for only $1 – items available you can’t find in-store – new items added frequently – cash-back with Rakuten
- Cons: Most online orders require a minimum per item you must purchase – no free shipping
- Best Deals: Household essentials, office and school supplies, party supplies, seasonal supplies, beauty supplies, clothing, grocery items (frozen meals, snacks, candy)
- Shipping: Based on size and weight of your purchase – free if you pick it up at your local Dollar Tree
Dollar Tree is also one of the most popular dollar stores, as it has over 15,500 locations across the United States and Canada.
Although most dollar stores used to sell almost everything for just $1, it’s not as common these days. This is what sets Dollar Tree apart from the rest. It has stuck to its mission of selling “everything for $1.”
When you shop on the Dollar Tree website, you will also have access to their weekly ads section, which highlights their special categories and new product releases.
This makes it easy to shop new inventory and seasonal items, all which cost just $1.
While you can buy items individually, you can also buy them in bulk to save even more money, which may make picking up your order in-store more worth it.
This is because Dollar Tree doesn’t offer free shipping. Instead, shipping will be based on the weight and size of your order.
- Pros: Some items cost as low as $0.10 per piece – wide variety of products
- Cons: Items sold from individual sellers – products shipped from overseas
- Best Deals: Cell phones and accessories, electronics, apparel, jewelry and watches, hair products, shoes, sports and outdoors
- Shipping: Varies by seller policy and shipping location (free shipping may be available)
Don’t mind buying items that are shipped directly from China?
DHgate sells items for lower prices than most online retailers, starting at just $0.10. However, it does have items that sell for over $100, but most items sell for $5 or less.
For example, it has everything from fidget spinners for $1.11 to motorcycle helmets for just $69.
In addition to lower prices than most online retailers, DHgate makes it easy to find the best bargains on their website.
Their website also has a very wide product selection, with over 34 million product listings that are sold by different individual vendors.
While there are online coupon offers on DHgate, you can save even more money by downloading the DHgate mobile app to receive exclusive discounts.
4. 99¢ Only Stores
- Pros: A lot of items start at $0.99 – food and merchandise available
- Cons: Online ordering only available in a few states
- Best Deals: Brand name closeouts, beauty, home goods, party, alcohol, pets
- Shipping: No shipping available
Although 99¢ Only Stores does not currently offer an online shopping option, we had to include it on our list because they offer some of the best deals.
However, you can visit their website or download their mobile app to view their dollar days and weekly specials.
With that said, they have more than 350 brick-and-mortar locations across Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and California.
Considering this, if you live in the southwest and do a simple Google search for “99¢ Only Stores near me” you’re likely to find a location nearby.
Not only does 99¢ Only Stores offer great deals on brand-name closeouts, beauty products, and so on, it also offers great deals on fresh produce if you want to save money on groceries as well.
5. Miss A
- Pros: Quality cosmetic items for less than a $1 – orders ship in less than 50 hours
- Cons: No name-brand products – overwhelming website – only ships in the U.S.
- Best Deals: Brushes, accessories, hair, lashes, makeup, jewelry, self-care
- Shipping: Flat fee of $3.95 – free for order of $35 and higher
Miss A is a bit different than the other online dollar stores on our list because it caters to cosmetics.
For example, it sells a wide selection of personal care products, such as makeup pallets, beauty products, toiletries, and more, all starting at just $1. The most expensive items you will find cost no more than $10.
Their products are also made from FDA-approved ingredients and are cruelty-free.
Considering this, if you want to save money on cosmetics with peace of mind, Miss A is one of the best options when it comes to online dollar stores.
Although Miss A ships internationally, only U.S. orders of $35 or more will receive free shipping. Each order is shipped within 48 hours, not including weekends.
Miss A also has brick-and-mortar locations in the Houston and Dallas metro areas.
6. Five Below
- Pros: Immense selection of products -high quality items at a fraction of normal retail price
- Cons: Not many items sold at $1 – no free shipping option
- Best Deals: Tech, apparel, beauty, books, pet, room, toys and games, snacks and candy
- Shipping: Flat fee of $5.95 for all orders
Previously known as Hollar, Five Blow started with brick-and-mortar locations, but recently expanded their online presence.
On the Five Below website, most items sell for $5 or less, hence their name. For example, you can buy backpacks, headphones, games, and other items for just $5 or less, which are amazing deals.
However, there is a “Five Beyond” category in which all items cost more than $5. However, their quality is usually much better than items in their other categories.
With that said, they do not offer a free ship-to-store option like other dollar stores on our list do. However, their flat fee of $5.95 is much less than other options on our list.
7. HJ Closeouts
- Pros: large product selection – free shipping
- Cons: Bulk orders only – less flexibility to choose product amount (orders are by the case)
- Best Deals: Apparel and accessories, housewares, home decor, party supplies, crafts and scrapbooking items, jewelry
- Shipping: Free
If you need to do online wholesale shopping, you should definitely consider HJ Closeouts. While an online dollar store like DollarFanatic also offers wholesale, HJ Closeouts is way ahead of the competition.
This online dollar store allows customers to shop for items in bulk, making it a great option for any Amazon or eBay seller. It’s also a great option for anyone with a dropshipping business.
Because they sell items in bulk, most products start anywhere between $0.04 to $0.16 for each item. Similar to DollarDays, this makes HJ Closeouts a wonderful option if you have a large family, own a business, or you’re planning an event and need to buy something in bulk.
With that said, it’s still a great option for individual shoppers who are looking for the best deals.
Another advantage of HJ Closeouts that sets it apart from the rest is that it offers free shipping, regardless of your order size. HJ Closeouts also ships internationally.
8. Dollar Store
- Pros: Hot deals section that offers the best savings – no order minimum
- Cons: Most items are more than $1 – smaller selection than other online dollar stores – only ten-day return period
- Best Deals: Clothing, accessories, party, hardware, pharmacy, auto
- Shipping: Based on size of your order – free for orders over $25
Having its name as Dollar Store, we couldn’t help but include it on our list of the top 14 online dollar stores with amazing deals.
However, that’s not the only reason it’s on our list. Dollar Store is one of the biggest online discount stores with over 30,000 products listed for sale.
According to them, more than 60% of the products are also manufactured in the United States.
One of the biggest pros of Dollar Store is that there’s no order minimum requirement for how many items you need to purchase.
They also offer free shipping on orders of $25 or more. However, free shipping isn’t available to people who live in Hawaii or Alaska. Furthermore, they only offer a ten-day return period which is less time than other dollar stores on our list.
- Pros: Discount clothing, jewelry and accessories for the entire family – loyalty program offered
- Cons: Some items cost over $50 – quality may vary – slow shipping times
- Best Deals: Hair, handbags, accessories, home
- Shipping: Orders over $59 receive free standard shipping
RoseGal is a bit different than other online dollar stores on our list, as it caters to clothing, jewelry and accessories.
Because of this, RoseGal is a wonderful option to find deals on clothing if you want to buy affordable, yet trendy clothing. Although they focus on plus-size clothing for women, they also sell men’s and children’s clothing as well.
On the RoseGal website, you will find clothing ranging anywhere between $4 to $50, with very few items selling for more.
You can also join their loyalty program and use online coupons to save even more money.
Considering this, most clothing sold on RoseGal is quite a bit cheaper than clothing you will find at department stores.
However, it can take up to 25 days to receive your clothing because RoseGal ships directly from China. With that said, expedited shipping is available for customers who want their items quicker.
- Pros: Wide selection of name-brand products –
- Cons: website disorganized
- Best Deals: Personal care, cosmetics and accessories, household products, school and office, tools and hardware, seasonal and holiday, food and snacks
- Shipping: Flat rate of $4.95 – free for orders over $50
DollarFanatic is both an online dollar store and wholesaler, allowing it to offer some amazing deals. For example, one of their amazing offers is their “11 for 10 deal.”
This deal allows customers to buy 11 items just for the price of 10, making the 11th product free. The 11 items can include a mixture of their participating products, which include name-brands.
With that said, most items you will find on the DollarFanatic website sell for anywhere between $1 and $5. However, clearance pricing for bulk orders starts at just $0.50. Furthermore, you can save even more money with their coupon deals.
Once you make a purchase, you should receive your order within 14 business days.
- Pros: Discounts on bulk purchases – caters to organizations and non-profits
- Cons: Large quantities only – must be a member to order
- Best Deals: Clothing, beauty supplies, baby, home, school and office, party
- Shipping: free on orders above $499
This online dollar store is a bit different than most. DollarDays is among the biggest discount suppliers to charities, non-profit businesses and organizations, churches, and schools.
Because of this, they sell most items in bulk. With that said, DollarDays is a great option if you’re planning an event, own a business, or have a large family and need to buy something in bulk, as it is extremely discounted.
For example, they sell fleece blankets for as little as $4.70 each. However, you will have to purchase a 24 case to get the deal.
12. Dollar King
- Pros: Save more money with their coupons, including 5% off your first purchase – wide selection of products at cheaper prices than most stores – offers a money-back guarantee
- Cons: Some items are low quality – brick-and-mortar locations only in California
- Best Deals: Beauty supplies, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, household needs, electronics, toys, pet supplies
- Shipping: Based on size of order and your location – free if you buy 15 items or more and live in California
Dollar King has stayed true to its name and you’re dollar is in fact king. Most of the products they sell are for $1.99 or less.
They also sell products in most categories like beauty, cleaning supplies, hardware, and so on, making them a one-stop-shop.
Although shipping is based on the size of your order and location, if you live in California and buy 15 items or more, you will receive free shipping.
13. Family Dollar
- Pros: Many name-brand products sold at a fraction of retail price – weekly deals and coupons to save even more money
- Cons: Some items only available in-store – some products have a minimum purchase requirement
- Best deals: Health products, beauty supplies, babycare products, pet supplies, electronics, home decor, automotive items, hardware items
- Shipping: Based on size of order – free with their ship-to-store option
Like Dollar Tree and Dollar General, the classic brick-and-mortar discount store Family Dollar has many items in just about every category for right around $1.
Family Dollar also offers an app called Smart Coupons that helps shoppers find the latest coupons and deals so they can save even more money.
They also post information and prices on their website about new product offerings and their weekly ad, which is great to browse for the latest deals.
- Pros: High-quality shaving accessories and razors
- Cons: Requires a monthly subscription – only sells men’s razors and shaving accessories
- Best Deals: Hair, face care, shower, anti-dandruff and scalp care
- Shipping: Orders over $15 receive free standard shipping
While Harry’s isn’t necessarily considered an online dollar store, we have included it because it offers such great deals on men’s razors and shaving accessories.
For example, their starter set is just $5. This includes a weighted razor handle which is reusable, a five-blade razor cartridge, foaming shave gel, and a blade cover for travel.
However, every eight replacement blades will cost $15 to pay for shipping.
With that said, after signing up for their starter set subscription, you will also get their auto-refill Shave Plan package once every two, three, or five months depending on your subscription.
If you like their starter set subscription, you can upgrade to their Core membership plan. This premium plan only costs $15 per year. You will also receive free expedited shipping and save 10% on all orders.
Simply put, Harry’s is a great option to buy cheap razors online, as their quality is much better than razors sold at dollar stores.
Online Dollar Store FAQs
Here are a few frequently asked questions about online dollar stores:
What Is the Best Online Dollar Store?
Which online dollar store is the best depends on which type of items you’re looking to buy.
For example, if you’re looking to buy clothing and accessories, you should check out RoseGal – if you’re looking to buy cosmetics, Miss A may be your best option – if you’re looking to buy Men’s razors and shaving accessories, Harry’s should be your go to – and so on.
Are Dollar Tree and Dollar General Competitors?
Yes, Dollar Tree and Dollar General are competitors. In fact, Dollar General is one of Dollar Tree’s direct competitors. However, they both also have other indirect competitors, such as Big Lots and Walmart.
What Stores Are Similar to Dollar Tree?
Believe it or not, Dollar Tree’s top competitors are Dollar General, SuperValu, JD.com, and even Walmart and Target.
While Walmart isn’t a competitor you would expect, Walmart Inc. owns and operates a chain of discount department stores.
What Happened to the Hollar Website?
The discount e-commerce products website Hollar was acquired by Five Below in January of 2020.
Five Below is a discount company that owns and operates a chain of “dollar store” style retail stores, which is included on our list.
Is Everything a Dollar at King Dollar?
No, everything at King Dollar is not sold for exactly $1. However, all of their items are sold for $1.39, which is cheaper than you will find at many other dollar stores.
Final Words on Online Dollar Stores
There you have it, the 14 best online dollar stores to find great deals. Although we’re becoming more and more complacent with purchasing everything we need from e-commerce leaders like Amazon, it’s important you don’t overlook these options.
Whether it’s apparel, housewares, cleaning products, school and office supplies, or even everyday essentials, many online dollar stores offer better deals than you will find on Amazon.
You may even be super surprised at the quality of the products and just how much you can save on a budget. Many options on our list even sell name-brand products for prices you won’t find elsewhere.
With that said, make sure you’re using a cash back app like the Capital One browser extension to save even more money on your purchases!